Daybook and Forms
One of the most powerful and key elements to Engage, was the launch of Engage Daybook a few years ago. Since then, its capability has grown as its power is realised and harnessed.
What is Daybook?
The Engage Daybook started life as a request posted on Share Ideas by one of our schools for somewhere in Engage to record daily ‘happenings’ such as a detention, a merit, or a visit to the nurse. Why? To avoid hand written paper notes being mislaid or lost, let alone the considerable manual time involved in the process.
Engage Forms and Work Process
Since its original release, Daybook has been heavily developed to include Engage Forms and Work Process. A school can now create their own easily customised and fully bespoke forms to replace at least 95% of any paper based form and process in a school, however complex. The flexibility is considerable.
Forms can even require counter signatures to confirm acceptance, for example, of Policies, Co-curricular activities, Equipment loan, Additional charges, and Permissions.
Engage Forms can incorporate any amount of pages, field types, such as text, ticks, attachments, electronic signatures, uploads, costs, body maps – the list is almost endless – together with multiple stage processes.
The author of the specific form simply creates an Engage Form from the embedded template guide and can include the process(es) it’s to follow, any electronic signatures required along the way, and any follow up that may be required.
Once a form has completed its process, it’s automatically filed into the Document Management System. It cannot be lost or mislaid.
- Each field can be positioned exactly where it’s required to appear on the form
- Each field can have colouration and a mandatory setting
- Each field can have security added to it so only certain people can see it
- Each form can have its own security
- Depending on permissions, Students, Staff and Parents can raise forms – or the school can raise forms on their behalf
- Each form can have an icon appear next to a student for a set number of days, so the teacher may be informed if, for example, a student has received a merit/detention that day or that week
- Forms can have automated alerts to notify people or groups of people
- Equipment can be added
- Costs can be added which can automatically appear on fee billing
Forms can be linked
Forms can be linked to sub-forms, such as:
- House points, merits and sanctions can be recorded and reported upon
- Forms can be completely confidential
- Forms can handle customisable work flow within the school
Daybook is a complete and comprehensive incident and behaviour management system as well as a forms and work process system. For example:
- Consent forms for parents
- Record of medical/first aid
- Exeat forms with notifications to Bursary and Security
- Logging CAS activities for IB schools
- Records of achievement
- UCAS entry forms
- House points
- Sports event reports
- Parent school feedback
Key features of Engage Forms and Work Process
- Form creation using the embedded Engage template
- Process definition using the inbuilt prompts
- Forms can demand authorisations, refusals, and signatures at any stage of the Process
- Forms can automatically adjust Fee Billing. E.g., deduct a lunch not taken, or charge for additional days of boarding
- Forms can demand document uploads of any file format at any stage of the process
- the ability to embed the Engage Pay Now button before another stage in the process can be accomplished
- Forms which have completed their process are filed in the Document Management System, automatically
Literally, any form you can think of – Engage Daybook with Engage Forms and Work Process has yet to be beaten.
Finally, there’s a suite of reports which can pull data from the Daybook for analysis.