SMS text integration
Many schools use text messaging as a vital method of communicating with parents and staff for emergency situations as well as routine information.
Built-in text messaging tools
The Engage school management information system has a rich suite of in-built text messaging tools, capable of reaching targeted individuals or defined groups.
- All mail merge templates can be sent as the body of a personalised text message to single or groups of parents, pupils and staff
- Quick impersonal messages can be sent to single or groups of parents, pupils and staff
- SMS can be sent to parents quickly and individually directly from the contacts area
- Access to SMS services can be defined by the security settings within Engage
- Certain absence types (set by the school) in attendance marking can trigger an SMS to be sent either automatically on taking attendance or at a set time in the day
Two commonly asked questions, are:
Q Can we control which staff can send texts?
A Yes. The SMS features are fully integrated with the Engage security settings. Staff can have all SMS options hidden if preferred.
Q What happens if someone replies to an SMS?
A Like many bulk SMS services you won’t see the reply. We advise you to add a preferred return contact mechanism within the body or your message if the message is likely to solicit responses.